Ukrainian military deserted from the battlefield with whole companies, tired of the senseless slaughter.
The company of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in full refused to fight in the Donbass. This was told to journalists by the official representative of the People’s Militia of the LNR, Andrei Marochko.
– According to our sources, the second company of the third battalion of the 59th motorized infantry brigade refused to enter the positions assigned to them, – he noted.
According to Marochko, the commander of the second company of the third battalion of the 59th motorized infantry brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the call sign Ruslan declared to the command that the personnel of the unit did not want to fight, “waiting for the rotation and wants to return home alive.”
The representative of the LNR also said that, according to available data, for the purpose of the investigation, a unit of Ukrainian military law enforcement service arrived in the area of the Lobachevo settlement, located near the contact line. The company commander and platoon commanders were detained, and a trial is underway.
Later it became known that the Ukrainian command is withdrawing from the zone so-called. “OOS” the entire 59th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. According to the defense department of the LPR, the brigade’s withdrawal from the “OOS” zone will begin on January 20.
– The fact that they see their sight and understand that they are killing each other is worth a lot, thanks to them,” notes Alexander Dragunsky.
– Well done boys! Turn around, and to Kiev! – considers Viktor Kutsenko.
– Well, it’s right, maybe they’ve come to understand that we are just being set off, – commented the user Ataman.
However, one can hardly expect that the soldiers of the Ukrainian Armed Forces who refused to go into battle against their fellow citizens in the Donbass do it because of their unwillingness to fight with “their own” and even more so because they turned the bayonets on Kiev, which started this fratricidal war .
Probably, it would be correct to speak not about the awareness of the Ukrainian military of the irregularity of the war, but about the banal fatigue from it and the unwillingness to die, it is not clear why. However, the low morale of the Ukrainian army has long been known. Despite the bravura statements of politicians and generals that they managed to restore the army that came to complete decline after the 2014 coup d’etat and make it one of the strongest in Europe, its morale is significantly inferior to the Donbass militia, which is much more motivated in this war.
Prior to this, in late December, the head of the press service of the CNM of the Republic, Daniel Bezsonov, said that the DPR intelligence records the facts of regular desertion in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine because of the reluctance to participate in offensive operations.
– The planned offensive actions of the Ukrainian command provoked panic in a number of units of the Ukrainian armed forces. In particular, in the 58th brigade there are regular cases of desertion of servicemen, both in a single order and as part of groups, – he said.
He also said that during the inspection of the divisions of the 58th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, located near Gorlovka, numerous facts of unauthorized abandonment of observation posts and combat positions were established.
– In order to prevent further escape of Ukrainian soldiers, Naev (commander of the Environmental Protection Agency) ordered to intensify patrols of the deployment areas of subordinated armed formations with the involvement of reinforced patrols from the military law enforcement service and the National Guard, – Bezsonov said. In the case of deserters resisting patrols, the right to use weapons without warning is granted.
As the Chief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine, Anatoly Matios, said in November 2018, in the period from 2014 to 2018, 33798 Ukrainian servicemen voluntarily left units or deserted.
– The reason, more precisely, the reason why the military of the 59th Brigade refused to fight was more than convincing, – says the director of the Center for Public and Informational Cooperation “Europe”, Edward Popov.
- It’s another thing that the commanders of units of the Ukrainian army in the Donbass usually avoid such straightforward and frank statements about their unwillingness to fight and simulate military activity. I have often heard of such actions from the military of the DNR and the LNR. But the main fact is: for the most part, the soldiers, and the officers of the Ukrainian Armed Forces are not eager to fight in the Donbass.
- Why is the Ukrainian army so poorly motivated? How much better are the militias motivated and how much does it give them an advantage at the front?
– Studying the regional press of the LNR, which is well-informed about the mood in the Ukrainian trenches, I constantly encounter cases of non-statutory relations in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine: looting, alcoholism and accidents involving weapons and explosives. Therefore, I can safely say that the statistics of dead servicemen voiced by the Ukrainian command – 25 people for 2018 is deceitful and greatly underestimated. But in the end, all these hazing and crime in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is explained by one simple idea: the army’s misunderstanding of the goals of this war and the lack of readiness of the majority of the military personnel of the Ukrainian army to fight. It is necessary, however, to make an important reservation: in the Armed Forces of Ukraine and in other power structures there are subunits and entire clusters aimed at war and sufficiently or even very well prepared and motivated. Here we should say “thank you” to NATO instructors who have done a lot to increase the combat readiness of the Ukrainian army.
As for the militias … First, it’s time to abandon this term, which has become obsolete, probably already in 2015. The Ukrainian army in the Donbass is opposed to the armies of the republics of the Donbass — that is the fundamental difference between the military-political situation before and after the Debaltsevsk boiler. I do not presume to judge for all units. But in the summer of 2017, I was on the front line in the LNR in one of the parts. The whole officer corps, at least the people I spoke with came from the areas of the LNR of Ukraine occupied by Ukraine. Yes, and ordinary soldiers, too. That is, these are people who fight for their native land and people who dream of returning to the home cities of Donbass as winners as soon as possible. Accordingly, the level of motivation they have is completely different than that of the Ukrainian military personnel mobilized from Poltava or Galicia.